The MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) vaccine made measles a very uncommon disease in the United States. Until recently, the disease generally only occurred when brought in from outside the country. Recently, however, as more and more parents have selected not to vaccinate their children for various reasons, the disease has seen somewhat of a comeback. While most cases will be diagnosed by pediatricians or family physicians, a professional like our prosthodontist at Newton Wellesley Dental Partners, Dr. Ryne Johnson, may even be able to spot them during a routine checkup. This is due to one of the earliest symptoms associated with the measles.
Are you struggling with your smile? A missing or crooked tooth shouldn’t be keeping your from meeting new people or speaking up in a group. Whether you are looking for a complete smile makeover or just to replace some missing or unhealthy teeth, here are a few of the reasons why dental implants could be right for you.
- It’s a more permanent tooth replacement option. Dental implants last longer than dentures or bridges. The implant is placed directly into your jaw, which means it’s there to stay.
- Dental implants preserve tooth tissue more than other types of tooth replacement. Because you have to pull teeth for dentures, your body begins to dissolve a lot of its gum tissue and jawbone.
- Because a dental implant is permanently secured into your mouth, there is no chance of it falling out. This means you will be able to eat, speak, and smile without worry.
- Requires less maintenance. A dental implant is permanent. You won’t have to remove it in order to clean it, as you would with dentures or bridges. You can brush and floss it as you would a normal tooth.
- Improves the appearance of your smile. Implants are designed to look as natural as possible. Whether you have 1 implant or 5, you can choose the shade, design, and shape to get the look you want.
- You don’t have to pull healthy teeth in order to get the mouth you want. When you opt for dentures, you compromise healthy teeth by pulling them to fit the bridge. However, with dental implants, you can replace 1 tooth or 12 without having to pull any healthy teeth.
- It will improve your self-confidence. Imagine kissing your sweetheart without having to worry about missing teeth or a bridge coming loose. With a dental implant, your mouth will look natural and sparkly without the worry of anything falling out.
Dental care is an important part of staying healthy, yet many people neglect to take care of their oral health due to a simple fear of dentists. While it would be easy for us to say that the fear is irrational, the truth is, there are too many horror stories out there to ignore. Just as there are good teachers and bad and good doctors and bad, there are good dentists and bad dentists. The trick to having a positive experience at the dentist's office is finding a good one. Here are a few tips and tricks on finding a dentist in Newton, MA, which will take good care of the patient's teeth and reduce their anxiety.
Read Online ReviewsThe first step in looking for a great dentist is reading reviews. A few places to find reviews on dentists include Yahoo!, Google, and Healthgrades.com. All of these websites offer a glimpse into what kind of office the dentist runs and whether it is compatible with a potential client's lifestyle. One important thing to remember when looking at online reviews is to pay attention to the number of reviewers. All too often, a business can have a five star review but only one or two reviewers. Just because one or two people had a good experience at that particular dentist's office doesn't necessarily mean the dentist is a good one. It is much better to look at a three or four star review created by the opinions of at least 10 people.
Conduct a Job InterviewAfter finding a dentist with a good review, set an interview appointment. If the dentist says he or she doesn't do interview appointments, find another dentist. If they value patients, they value potential patients. Preparing for the interview is important. Think very carefully about the needs the dentist will have to fulfill. Are there children who will need dental care? Does the dentist need to be comfortable with working with cosmetic dentistry? Are there special conditions with which the dentist will need to be comfortable? Does the dentist need to have business hours outside the usual nine to five? Have these questions in hand during the interview and don't be shy.
Make a Personal VisitFinally, make sure the office is clean and make sure to talk to the other patients waiting there. If they have been waiting for more than 15 minutes and that is the usual wait time, the dentist is too busy and will probably not be able to give patients the time and care they need.
To get the most out of your smile, select a dentist that can help you achieve a healthy smile from the inside out. Selecting the right dentist can make all the difference, and we want you to know why Dr. Ryne Johnson and the professionals at Newton Wellesley Dental Partners are the best option for cosmetic dentistry in Newton, MA. We’ll help you turn your dull or yellowing smile into a set of pearly whites you can’t help but show off. If your smile is healthy on the inside but yellowing or appears dull on the outside, you may be missing out on opportunities to share it with the world. You can feel confident that we are the best choice for your cosmetic dentistry needs because we offer the following procedures that will help you attain the smile you’ve always imagined.
WhiteningOver time, the foods you consume and beverages you drink will begin to alter the natural color of your teeth. If you are not taking a proactive approach with whitening toothpastes and avoiding dark or staining liquids, your teeth will begin to darken or yellow in color, leaving you with a dull or aged appearance. Luckily, you do not have to live with discolored teeth. With our expert teeth whitening services which can be administered in office or with a take-home treatment, you can reach a shade that is both healthy and youthful looking.
VeneersIf you have a chipped or misshapen tooth, it will alter the overall appearance of your smile. What once was a problem you were required to become accustomed to is no more. With veneers that are retrofitted in-office, we can help to build upon a healthy tooth to give you a more cohesive and natural-looking smile.
ImplantsA missing tooth can create an eyesore in your mouth that you may be embarrassed of. With the assistance a dental implant provides, empty spaces can be filled with a permanent tooth replacement that looks and acts like a natural tooth. We can complete an implant and place it in just a couple of visits, assuring you a final product that you will be proud to show off. If you are looking for assistance with rejuvenating your smile, consider our long list of services to meet your needs for cosmetic dentistry needs in Newton, MA, and the surrounding area to help you gain a smile that you’ve always dreamed of having.
It is not uncommon for people to feel a little anxious before heading to the dentist. If scheduling an appointment makes you nervous, you may feel compelled to avoid going to the dentist for as long as possible. We recommend that you see your regular dentist every six months, and you may also be interested in improving your smile and self-esteem by taking advantage of cosmetic dentistry. Do not let your fear of the dentist impact your health or self-confidence. Follow these tips to make your visit a little easier.
Tips for a Better VisitHere are some easy ways to help you enjoy your trip to the dentist a little bit more:
- Find a way to distract yourself while you are in the chair. We understand if you prefer to listen to calming music or watch television while we provide your dental services. Finding a way to keep your mind busy will help the time pass and make you more comfortable.
- Bring someone with you who you trust and who will be able to make you feel comfortable. Having a loved one nearby can make even the most difficult situation much easier. If you let us know, we can even bring your loved one into the examination room and they can stay with you through the entire visit.
- Take a light sedative before heading to our Newton, MA, dentist office. There are medications out there that are made to help you relax before you go into a situation that stresses you out. Speak to your doctor about which medication would be best for you based on your unique needs.
- Let us know that being in the office makes you uncomfortable. We can take care to explain things to you and be extra gentle throughout your visit.