So you're ready to do some dental implants. If so, do your homework and choose a prosthodontist. Unlike a general dentist, a prosthodontist specializes in smile reconstructions and has three years of additional education and additional expertise above and beyond dental school. They are the 'architects' and 'finished carpenters' of quality-focused dental care.
A prosthodontist, like Dr. Ryne Johnson of Newton Wellesley Dental Partners, will often use CT sans and computer diagnostics to understand the bone-topography how dental implants will impact your smile. They know how to balance your bite, and ensure that your normal speech pattern is not affected once the dental implants have been placed.
Prosthodontists will also customize your dental implants to fit your individual needs...a custom approach is ALWAYS better. Many dentists tout some expertise from a conference or correspondence course but prosthodontists are the REAL DEAL! The result will be the most attractive, natural looking and appropriate mouth restoration for you.
Dr. Johnson has been performing dental reconstructions, using implants since 1988, and has lectured on this topic throughout the country. That experience means that he can handle the complicated cases in addition to the cosmetically-demanding situations. Why settle for less?
Tips for Choosing a Prosthodontist
- Prosthodontists have more years of education than general dentists, be sure they are "board eligible or certified".
- Ask to see records of specialty training the prosthodontist has recently completed.
- For the best results, choose a prosthodontist whose office uses 3D imaging (CT scans & CAD/CAM).
- As a specialized dental field, prosthodontics is always advancing. Talk to your prosthodontist about the most cutting-edge treatments and how they can be used to give you the best smile possible.
- Choose a prosthodontist who compassionately and carefully listens to your needs.
When considering dental implants, do your research and choose the treatment plan and prosthodontist that you are most comfortable with. Your smile is worth it! Contact Dr. Johnson at Newton Wellesley Dental Partners for more information.